News View All News »
A Message from the Special Education Department
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Dear Liverpool CSD Parents and Guardians:
As we welcome your children back to school, this letter is to inform you of how special education will be provided given our hybrid and remote educational settings. Liverpool Central School District staff will endeavor to meet the programs and services indicated on students’ individualized educational programs (IEPs) to the greatest extent possible. However, not all programs, related services, and accommodations can be provided as written. Therefore, your child’s case manager will be contacting you to schedule a collaborative reentry meeting. During this meeting, your child’s educational team will determine and document what is reasonable and appropriate given the educational setting students are participating in. Your input, as well as your child’s educational needs, will help determine your child’s special education plan that will remain in place until we return to in-person school for five days per week. IEPs will still reflect what will be offered when students return full time.
For the 2020-2021 school year, CSE meetings will continue to be held remotely. Families will be able to participate via phone or video conference at your preference.
- Program managers will reach out to you prior to the CSE to determine which method of participation you prefer.
- To participate via phone:
- You will be called by the CST Chairperson at the start of the CSE meeting to participate via phone. The phone call will be made through a Google Hub. Therefore, the phone number that appears will not be a Liverpool district number and may not have a 315 area code.
- To participate via video conferencing:
- At the start of the meeting, an email will be sent to your designated email with a link to the meeting. Click on the link and join to participate via video.
- Please contact your child’s program manager with any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation. It will be a great year.
Dr. Amy DiVita
Executive Director for Special Education